Around 95% of the 68 million people who live in Thailand are Buddhist meaning that Christianity is very much a minority.
Instead of our usual radio operations, our team at Media Light have a unique ministry offering both live in and online training options in their media school.
In today’s media hungry culture it is the artists, musicians, and filmmakers of the world who have everyone’s attention.
So, in their own words:
“Medialight exists to help you find your voice as God’s messenger so you can communicate powerfully in person and through media.”
Many unreached people (particularly in Asian nations) are under the age of 30 and statistics show they are spending 8-10 hours every day online.
Medialight’s mission is to train people with the skills to communicate powerfully using all of today’s amazing media tools. By doing so they are raising up a new kind of media missionary.
Through UCB’s partnership, Medialight have been able to construct a purpose-built training facility, complete with onsite accommodation and lecture rooms. Students come to this facility for an intensive 9 week hand-on training course that enables them to unlock their communication ability and launches them into a new powerful life of ministry armed with a whole arsenal of new storytelling tools. One of the strengths of Medialight’s programme is the hands-on approach using professional state-of-the-art equipment.
Meet some of the UCB Thailand trainees
What to expect from MediaLight
1. The Big Story – Be struck by the story of God’s big plan for the world.
2. Find Your Calling – Develop a clear mission-statement for your life
3. Creativity is Worship – Learn how to honour your God-given gifts and foster creativity
4. The CPR Method of Storytelling – The simple method to powerful stories
5. Mobile Photography Mastery – Stunning photos with the camera that is always with you
6. Simply Social Stories – Take the guesswork out of social posting.
7. Scriptwriting for Testimonies – Create a meaningful personal story for film
8. God’s New Messengers – Grasp the significance of your role as a messenger in God’s big story.
9. You, the Messenger – Boost your confidence as a personal communicator.
10. Pre-production for Stress-Free Filmmaking – Learn the preproduction process that takes the fear out of filming.
11. No camera, no problem – Discover the secrets of making a video without a camera.
12. Principles of the Editing Process – Learn the structure of pro-level editing on free software.
13. Mobile Filmmaking – Turn your smartphone into a professional camera.
14. Story-Based Strategy – Learn how to use stories to craft culture and fight back against the darkness.
15. You, the Leader – Gain insight into what makes great leaders and what makes them last.
16. Launching Your Online Platform – Create a communications hub that gathers followers while you sleep.