God And Your Money (4)
The Bible teaches that God wants you to have enough money to:
(1) Provide for the needs of your family and help them to succeed. ‘But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.’ (1 Timothy 5:8 NKJV)
(2) Finance His work. ‘Honour the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce.’ (Proverbs 3:9 NASB)
(3) Pay your taxes and your obligations. In answer to the question, ‘Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?’ Jesus replied, ‘Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.’ (Matthew 22:17; 22 NLT)
(4) Send His Word to the four corners of the world. ‘How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?’ (Romans 10:14–15 NKJV)
(5) Help the poor and needy. ‘Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments… Wealth and riches will be in his house… he has dispersed abroad, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.’ (Psalm 112:1,3,9 NKJV) When your reason for wanting money is to fulfil God’s will and bless others, God will honour you.