Tell someone about Jesus today
Jesus said, ‘Don’t you have a saying, “It’s still four months until harvest”? …Open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.’ Someone close to you today may be in desperate need of God’s love. Wouldn’t it be worth risking rejection to find that one who’s ready and willing to respond? The fact is, you may be the only Christian they will meet—or meet today. So if you don’t tell them, who will? Generally speaking, there are five reasons we don’t share our faith more often.
(1) We think it’s the preacher’s job to do it (see Acts 1:8).
(2) We aren’t certain about our own salvation (see 1 John 5:13).
(3) We’re afraid of being rejected (see Luke 12:8–9).
(4) We’ve never taken personal responsibility for learning how to share our faith (see 1 Peter 3:15).
(5) Our love for Christ has grown cold (see Revelation 2:4–5).
Josh McDowell tells of a man whose job it was to find a suitable employee for a senior position and who liked to get potential executives relaxed, then look them square in the eye and ask about their purpose in life. Most were shocked and fell apart under the question. One day, after talking for a while, the man leaned over and asked, ‘And what’s your purpose in life?’
Without blinking, the potential executive replied, ‘To go to Heaven and take as many people with me as I can.’
The man said, ‘For the first time in my career I was speechless.’ Today, someone’s eternal destiny may rest on your willingness to share God’s love with them. That’s your God-given assignment—so tell them about Jesus.